Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2010 16:02:53 -0400
From: Dan Rosenberg <dan.j.rosenberg@...il.com>
To: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...us.mitre.org>
Cc: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com, Eugene Teo <eugeneteo@...nel.sg>
Subject: Re: CVE request: multiple kernel stack memory disclosures

I'll omit descriptions here to save space, since they were already
provided.  I'll keep the same organization as last time, just to make
it easier.  Issues that haven't been fixed yet are for the most part
planned for 2.6.37.  Patches were submitted for all issues, so it's
mostly just a matter of time.

---

TIOCGICOUNT stack leaks:

usb/serial/mos*.c
Fixed in 2.6.36-rc5
Affects >= 2.6.19

drivers/serial/serial_core.c
Not fixed yet (Alan Cox's fix will be in 2.6.37)
Affects >= 2.6.0

drivers/char/amiserial.c
Not fixed yet (Alan Cox's fix will be in 2.6.37)
Affects >= 2.6.0, >= 2.4.0

drivers/char/nozomi.c
Not fixed yet (Alan Cox's fix will be in 2.6.37)
Affects >= 2.6.25

drivers/net/usb/hso.c (CVE-2010-3298)
Fixed in 2.6.36-rc5
Affects >= 2.6.29

---

FBIOGET_VBLANK stack leaks:

drivers/video/sis/sis_main.c
Fixed in 2.6.36-rc6
Affects >= 2.6.11

drivers/video/ivtv/ivtvfb.c
Not fixed yet (patch has been queued)
Affects >= 2.6.24

---

Miscellaneous device ioctl stack leaks:

sound/pci/rme9652/hdsp*.c
Fixed in 2.6.36-rc6
Affects >= 2.6.0 (hdsp.c), >= 2.6.13 (hdspm.c)

drivers/video/via/ioctl.c
Fixed in 2.6.36-rc5
Affects >= 2.6.28

drivers/net/cxgb3/cxgb3_main.c (CVE-2010-3296)
Fixed in 2.6.36-rc5
Affects >= 2.6.21

drivers/net/eql.c (CVE-2010-3297)
Fixed in 2.6.36-rc5