Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 14:30:08 -0400 (EDT)
From: "Steven M. Christey" <coley@...us.mitre.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CVE Request: Wireshark DoS

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009, Pinar Yanardag wrote:

> Yesterday, I came upon the following Secunia advisory [1] about Wireshark 1.0.6:

Name: CVE-2009-1210
Reference: MILW0RM:8308
Reference: URL:http://www.milw0rm.com/exploits/8308
Reference: BID:34291
Reference: URL:http://www.securityfocus.com/bid/34291
Reference: SECUNIA:34542
Reference: URL:http://secunia.com/advisories/34542
Reference: XF:wireshark-pndcp-format-string(49512)
Reference: URL:http://xforce.iss.net/xforce/xfdb/49512

Format string vulnerability in the PROFINET/DCP (PN-DCP) dissector in
Wireshark 1.0.6 and earlier allows remote attackers to execute
arbitrary code via a PN-DCP packet with format string specifiers in
the station name.  NOTE: some of these details are obtained from third
party information.