Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:15:46 +0000 (UTC)
From: security curmudgeon <jericho@...rition.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: web archives

: Do I understand it correctly that your request is to not only list the
: subjects and authors on index pages, but also to provide versions of the
: index pages with different message grouping - by subject, author, and/or
: by thread?  Any suggestions on the URLs to use for these versions?

Message threading is very helpful to Steve/CVE and other VDBs. I'll let
him speak to his wishes obviously.

>From the OSVDB side, if the URLs would use a year/month scheme at the
least, that would be ideal. We do not reference mail list archives like
SecurityFocus or MARC unless we have to, as their URLs aren't very
informative by themselves.

: Jonathan, jericho, and everyone else -
:
: As to submitting this list to more third-party archives, while I
: appreciate this being done, I'd like to be given a chance to provide the
: archive with past messages.  It often takes more time to get those
: messages imported when the list is already submitted.  I've e-mailed
: Fyodor and the Neohapsis folks now.

It's no issue with Neohapsis. I've had them backfill archives in the
past, and they can do it trivially with the messages in several formats.
I had this in mind when I contacted them.

Brian