Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 11:16:38 -0400
From: Josh Bressers <bressers@...hat.com>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: list: members vs. read-only subscribers

> > * The current member list can post unmoderated
> > * New subscribers (anyone can subscribe) will be moderated by default, but
> >   can have the moderation flag lifted when the prove to be useful
> >   contributors (we need to define what a useful contributor is)
> > * Non members can post, but will be moderated (if spam is an issue, we
> >   could consider just throwing this stuff out, but I'd really like to avoid
> >   it if possible)
> >

> I am OK with your proposal, although I think that we could simply do
> message moderation for all instead, with a few moderators.

I'm not terribly keen on this I admit.  Involving humans creates problems
in any process.  If we are going to moderate things, we will need to ensure
we have near 24 hour moderator coverage.  Tools should enhance process, not
define it.

> Anyway, should we (Openwall) interpret the above as a request to go
> ahead and apply the changes?

Let's say unless someone complains before tomorrow, we go ahead with this
plan.

Thanks.

--
    JB