Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2008 15:01:54 +0000
From: Andrea Barisani <lcars@...rt.org>
To: oss-security@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: announcing oCERT & oss-security to Bugtraq & f-d

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 10:58:57AM -0400, Josh Bressers wrote:
> > Josh,
> >
> > Would you be able and willing to start working on the announcement text
> > for oss-security now?  We'll be able to combine it with one for oCERT
> > later if needed (that is, if it's not too late) - or you can work on it
> > with Andrea right away (on this list).  I think I'd announce both
> > projects at once at least to the Openwall announcements list.
>
> Probably not this week.  I have quite a few more pressing matters to attend
> to, and for the limited oss-security time I have, I plan to clean up the
> wiki a bit in preparation for a public announcement.
>
> I think oCERT needs to do their own thing here.  I'm not pleased with this
> unneeded pressure being placed on this group because of the desire of
> oCERT.

I don't think anyone wanted to put any kind of pressure. Just trying to
coordinate, I never wanted to influence oss-security matters and just wanted
to see if there was a compatible timeframe.

And as you can see from my other post we already did our own thing.

Cheers

--
Andrea Barisani |                Founder & Project Coordinator
          oCERT | Open Source Computer Emergency Response Team

<lcars@...rt.org>                         http://www.ocert.org
 0x864C9B9E 0A76 074A 02CD E989 CE7F AC3F DA47 578E 864C 9B9E
        "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate"