Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2024 12:43:54 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: loongarch64 merge

I'm going through where everything was left on this topic and
preparing a patch for merge. This message/thread is to document what
I'm actually doing vs the various submitted versions of the patch
since v5/v6 where the major review took place.

Subsequent changes I'm reverting:

- De-optimization of __get_tp. No motivation for removing the
  potentially in-place $tp was provided, and we generally use the
  arch's tp in-place unless there's a compiler bug to be worked
  around. See powerpc{,64} for an example where it's used, or1k where
  we have a probably-obsolete workaround for ancient clang being
  broken.

- unsigned -> unsigned int, etc.

- Gratuitous whitespace changes in headers that obscure the fact that
  a header is a complete duplicate that could eventually be shared
  between archs (e.g. bits/float.h, bits/posix.h) or just obscure
  what differs from other archs when running diff.

Fixes from previous review that were overlooked:

- Removing SA_RESTORER -- its presence defined as 0 produces wrong
  sigaction ABI.

Additions:

- Adding the reloc.h/configure case for single-only float.

- The new member names for mcontext_t are all in reserved namespace,
  so there's no reason to have a separate namespace-clean version of
  mcontext_t, and I'm removing the latter.

- Public member uc_flags with no __, macro for compat with any
  existing software using the __-prefixed name.

Still TODO:

I don't think I ever reviewed the apparent rewrite of sigsetjmp and
possibly some other asm that changed between v5 and v8. I'm about to
start looking at that and will follow up.

Attached are a "differences vs v8" patch and what my cumulative patch
looks like right now.

Rich

View attachment "proposed_vs_v8.diff" of type "text/plain" (8206 bytes)

View attachment "proposed_cumulative.diff" of type "text/plain" (41274 bytes)