Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2023 22:38:01 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: Cody Wetzel <codyawetzel@...il.com>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Segmentation fault musl 1.2.4

On Wed, Dec 20, 2023 at 03:53:38PM -0600, Cody Wetzel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am running into a segmentation fault on musl 1.2.4 on my QNAP NAS.  QNAP
> updated the pagesize to 32k and I believe musl isn't handling it
> gracefully.  musl 1.2.3 does not have this problem.
>
> https://www.qnap.com/da-dk/how-to/faq/article/why-do-the-installed-third-party-containers-not-run-successfully-on-specific-32-bit-arm-devices
>
> Please CC me.

Without any indication of where the segfault was, it's impossible to
know whether it has anything to do with the change you cited or even
with musl. There is no reason oversized pages shouldn't function with
musl. They will lead to significantly worse memory usage and possibly
worse performance, but of course should not crash. Using 4k pages is
highly recommended if you have the option.

If you think the crash is caused by or related to a bug in musl,
please report what application is crashing and let us know if you can
use a debugger to get some basic information on the location of the
crash.