Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2023 16:34:37 +0100
From: Alastair Houghton <ahoughton@...le.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: __MUSL__ macro

On 7 Jul 2023, at 16:19, Markus Wichmann <nullplan@....net> wrote:

> Yes, it makes people write worse code. Not making the macros available
> makes people write more portable code, which is a good thing.

The people who would have misused the macros will simply find another way to detect musl that you’ll like even less (look at the Stack Overflow post we both mentioned; it’s literally the top answer).

Not making the macros available doesn’t stop people writing bad code, nor does making them available force anyone to write bad code.

Anyway, I’ve said enough on the subject.

Kind regards,

Alastair.