Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2023 17:55:23 +0200
From: Markus Wichmann <nullplan@....net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: __convert_scm_timestamps() probably breaks with struct
 timeval

Hello,

never mind. I overlooked that you define suseconds_t as _Int64. I
thought it was long. Of course, that changes everything.

Wondering why I thought it was long, I looked at POSIX again, and it
says:

|The implementation shall support one or more programming environments
|in which the [width] of [...] suseconds_t [...] [is] no greater than the
|width of type long.

(Quoted from https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/basedefs/sys_types.h.html)

So suseconds_t is not supposed to be larger than long. But I suppose you
can only pick your poison here. Disregard that one requirement of POSIX
or make timeval and timespec have different representations.

Ciao,
Markus