Date: Sun, 7 May 2023 09:44:19 +0800
From: "847567161" <847567161@...com>
To: "musl" <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: 回复: Question: Why vfprintf call twice printf_core?

1、I see musl will visit the format&nbsp;Whether %n$ exists or not,&nbsp;If %n$ does not exist, maybe the first call is redundant.
2、I test this following format with benchmark, the result show 145+ns-&gt;110+ns if I remove the first call.
"snprintf(buf, sizeof(buf), "this is a more typical error message with detail: %s", "No such file or directory");"

This is all irrelevant because calling printf with an invalid format&nbsp;string has undefined behavior.
3、So I think we should find a way to get positional args&nbsp; when we see it rather than visit format firstly anyway.