Date: Tue, 2 May 2023 19:20:09 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: Jₑₙₛ Gustedt <jens.gustedt@...ia.fr>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: patches for C23

On Tue, May 02, 2023 at 03:59:03PM +0200, Jₑₙₛ Gustedt wrote:
> on Tue, 2 May 2023 08:57:40 +0200 you (Jₑₙₛ Gustedt
> <jens.gustedt@...ia.fr>) wrote:
>
> > I'll also setup a git repository for those who would be willing to
> > test the whole. Just be aware that is really testing and review, not
> > yet ready for direct inclusion. So probably this will be rebased
> > several times.
>
> So this can now be found here
>
>    https://icube-forge.unistra.fr/icps/musl/
>
> with my additional branch called "c23". I also put on tags for what I
> think might be good groups to treat together. An overview should be
> accessible here
>
>            https://icube-forge.unistra.fr/icps/musl/-/network/c23?ref_type=heads
>
> Let me know if you have any problems in accessing this.
>
> I will then post the patches on the ML later, probably need some time
> for that to do it right.

One quick find, in
https://icube-forge.unistra.fr/icps/musl/-/commit/3a2b83bf32d7c94f1bf0b2b2fd6ba8b6bf980d99

-				np = strtoul(r+9, &z, 10);
+				np = strtoul(r+9, (char**)&z, 10);

is UB. Accessing a const char * as char *. I would prefer in general
we just #undef any of the const-stuff-tg macros in files that use
them, or just have src/include/string.h always do that. (Not really
needed since musl source is written in c99 not c23, but it would be
nice to have it also compile with c11 and c23 compilers, so I think
the #undef is useful.)