Date: Mon, 1 May 2023 15:41:21 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: Jₑₙₛ Gustedt <jens.gustedt@...ia.fr>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: patches for C23

On Mon, May 01, 2023 at 08:50:37PM +0200, Jₑₙₛ Gustedt wrote:
> Hello,
> I now have a series of patches (~40) that implement most the missing
> bits for C23 support. Nothing is very deep, here, I think, but
> probably that is still quite a chunk to review. They are compile
> tested for gcc version 7 to 12 and clang versions 9 to 17, but only on
> x86_64.
>
> Shall I sent them all here (I would have to refresh my git skills for
> that) or does somebody want to browse on some sort of gitlab host
> first?
>
> When implementing this I also marginally updated my page describing
> C23 library changes
>
>      https://gustedt.gitlabpages.inria.fr/c23-library/

If you want discussion of them, it would be most helpful to submit as
attachments to the list where the context of discussion will exist in
immutable form, rather than as a git branch that might disappear or be
replaced. ~40 is a lot for attachments to a single message, but ~40
individual posts would also be overwhelming, so it probably makes
sense to group them by areas of functionality or layering or
something. Likely there are going to be a bunch that are fairly
uncontroversial and mechanical, and some that are more invasive and
that will attract more meaningful discussion.