Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2023 16:23:04 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Jā‚‘ā‚™ā‚› Gustedt <jens.gustedt@...ia.fr>
Subject: WG14 hasn't fixed the ferror status issue for fputwc EILSEQ yet?

The issue for fgetwc has been fixed according to the discussion here:

https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1022

and indeed is fixed in the C2x draft. But the corresponding issue for
fputwc is not fixed. POSIX still requires setting the error indicator
for the stream on EILSEQ, but ISO C (by omission/accident) disallows
it.

Any chance we can get this fixed in time for C2x release?

I noticed it while fixing the wide printf error handling bugs in musl
(reported by Bruno), while trying to confirm that it's correct to rely
on the error status being set.