Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2023 20:17:10 +0800 (GMT+08:00)
From: 花静云 <huajingyun@...ngson.cn>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Compile gcc-12 with musl and report errors

Hi:
   I installed the Alpine Linux system on the x86_64 platform, and exposed a problem when compiling gcc 12 using musl (master branch) in this system:
​/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-alpine-linux-musl/12.2.1/../../../../x86_64-alpine-linux-musl/bin/ld: d/common-outbuffer.o: in function `_D3dmd6common4file__T11FileMappingThZQq6__ctorMFNbNcxPaZSQCdQCcQBy__TQBwThZQCc':
outbuffer.d:(.text+0x29f): undefined reference to `mmap64'

I uploaded more detailed logs to gcc_ build_ Error.log file,and other information is as follows:
1、linux-lts(kernel)version:6.1.10-r0
2、gcc version:12.2.1_git20220924-r9
3、binutils version:binutils-2.40-r4
4、musl:master branch and commit is f47a8cdd250d9163fcfb39bf4e9d813957c0b187

I suspect that the error is caused by the difference of the musl code,When I checked musl source, I found that there was a big difference between the master branch code and the v1.2.3 version code. For example, a large number of weaks_alias were removed during the 246f1c811448f37a44b41cd8df8d0ef9736d95f4 commit,include “weak_alias(mmap, mmap64);” in src/mman/mmap.c.

I want to compile gcc 12 based on musl (master branch). and I try to apply the old code to the latest branch, but this seems to be not a wise choice. so I share this error and look forward to some suggestions from the community experts.

I'm Looking forward to your reply,thanks.

Jingyun Hua

本邮件及其附件含有龙芯中科的商业秘密信息,仅限于发送给上面地址中列出的个人或群组。禁止任何其他人以任何形式使用(包括但不限于全部或部分地泄露、复制或散发)本邮件及其附件中的信息。如果您错收本邮件,请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本邮件。
This email and its attachments contain confidential information from Loongson Technology , which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it.
View attachment "gcc_build_error.log" of type "text/plain" (24488 bytes)