Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 12:33:59 +0000
From: "zhoujingqiang (A)" <zhoujingqiang1@...wei.com>
To: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
CC: "musl@...ts.openwall.com" <musl@...ts.openwall.com>, liudongxu
	<liudongxu3@...wei.com>, "Yulu(Brooklyn,RTOS)" <yulu20@...wei.com>,
	Nixiaoming <nixiaoming@...wei.com>, Wangxu <wangxu72@...wei.com>, qiuguorui
	<qiuguorui1@...wei.com>, "wangyunhe (A)" <wangyunhe@...wei.com>
Subject: Re: MAXNS should be increased

Thanks for reply,

It is not advisable to use localhost as a DNS server in embedded devices. It requires a resident process, which consumes many memory and bandwidth.
We only provide devices, not servers. Servers are provided by carriers. We cannot write a build-in special servers on resolv.conf.
Our devices need to be sold to carriers around the world. There are many small carriers. They have their own domain names, which are non-conflicting but unique. In this case, increasing the MAXNS limit is the simplest and most efficient way.I think raising MAXNS won't hurt anything.
Or is it possible to provide an interface for MAXNS to be dynamically configurable to make it more flexible?