Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2022 18:18:22 -0500
From: Dmitry Bogatov <oht-tfnfy#tah.bet#i1@...tion.cc>
To: bug-gsasl@....org, musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Behaviour of strverscmp(3)

Hello.

While trying to building gsasl statically with musl library as part of
Nixpkgs distribution, I noticed that test built from tests/version.c
fails when built with musl library. After a bit of troubleshooting, I
can pinpoint the reason -- different behaviour of "strverscmp" from
glibc and musl.

Example code:

#include <string.h>
#include <stdio.h>

int main()
{
	int value = strverscmp("UNKNOWN", "2.2.0");
	printf("%d\n", value);
	return 0;
}

Under glibc value "35" is printed (positive), under musl value "-1" is
printed (negative). Not sure what is the correct solution for the
issue, so I cross-post into two lists.

For now I plan to patch-out this particular test. Thank you.