Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 10:58:44 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: Jₑₙₛ Gustedt <jens.gustedt@...ia.fr>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: C23 implications for C libraries

On Fri, Sep 23, 2022 at 04:25:18PM +0200, Jₑₙₛ Gustedt wrote:
> Hello,
> I have started to compile a document that tries to collect everything
> a C library needs for C23 compliance:
>
>   https://htmlpreview.github.io/?https://icube-forge.unistra.fr/icps/c23-library/-/raw/main/README.html
>
> This is by far not complete and I will try to fill the holes in the
> next weeks. Let me know if you have any particular
> questions/remarks/additions.

Thanks for putting this together. For the most part these look
tractable.

One small note on wording: your usage of FTM differs from the one
we're used to and that's in POSIX, where FTMs are macros the
application defines to request some functionality or compliance
profile from the implementation, not macros the implementation uses to
advertise features to the application.

One cute observation: now that headers define macros for their
versions, can we just replace the multiple-inclusion test macros with
these? I think so.