Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2022 19:30:10 +0200
From: Alejandro Colomar <alx.manpages@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: canonicalize_file_name(3)

Hi,

I've seen than many programs workaround the fact that musl lacks
canonicalize_file_name(3) (which is a glibc extension).  Would you
consider adding it to musl?  It relies on a glibc extension to
realpath(3), although it could be implemented in terms of a standard
realpath(3) (by looping), or even as a completely separate function.

We need it in a project, and will probably have to write our own version
(unless we workaround it in a different way), since we can't rely on
glibc.  Maybe you're interested in picking that code when we have it or
write your own?

Thanks,

Alex

--
Alejandro Colomar
<http://www.alejandro-colomar.es/>

Download attachment "OpenPGP_signature" of type "application/pgp-signature" (834 bytes)