Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 02:42:21 +0000
From: John Scott <jscott@...teo.net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Feature request: strftime() should set errno on failure

On Fri, 2022-07-22 at 22:27 -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> In particular this does not say 0 can be returned for any error
> condition, only that 0 must be returned if the result does not fit,
> and that otherwise the return value must be the number of bytes placed
> in the array as a successful result. Moreover, "No errors are
> defined." which forbids implementations from even defining their own
> implementation-defined errors.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention, you are of course
absolutely right. In other words, as long as one provides a large enough
buffer, strftime() is required to succeed. I hereby retract my feature
request :)

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (253 bytes)