Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 13:25:31 +0800
From: 罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo) <luoyonggang@...il.com>
To: Musl <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Cc: mesa-dev@...ts.freedesktop.org
Subject: Re: Fwd: mesa | Remove USE_ELF_TLS macro (!17213)

On Sat, Jun 25, 2022 at 12:47 PM Markus Wichmann <nullplan@....net> wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 25, 2022 at 11:36:09AM +0800, 罗勇刚(Yonggang Luo) wrote:
> > So I am confused. What's the situation about ELF-TLS support in musl?
> > Is that still broken now?
>
> musl has always supported ELF-TLS anywhere except in libc itself. That
> was also never the problem. The problem was that the mesa people select
> the initial-exec TLS model explicitly, even though libGL ends up being
> dlopen()ed quite often, and then you should be using the general-dynamic
> model instead.

My question is does musl support ELS-TLS when using dl-open.

> According to [1], Rich proposed dropping the initial-exec attribute and
> replacing it with -mtls-dialect=gnu2 eight years ago. Has that happened
> yet? If so, dlopen()ing libGL with musl ought to work.

`initial-exec` are only specified for  __GLIBC__, If musl  not predefined
macro ` __GLIBC__`
```
#if defined(__GLIBC__)
#define __THREAD_INITIAL_EXEC thread_local
__attribute__((tls_model("initial-exec")))
#define REALLY_INITIAL_EXEC
#else
#define __THREAD_INITIAL_EXEC thread_local
#endif
```

--
         此致