Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 22:07:36 +0200
From: Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...nel.org>
To: Huacai Chen <chenhuacai@...nel.org>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com, WANG Xuerui <kernel@...0n.name>,
	Linus Torvalds <torvalds@...ux-foundation.org>, linux-arch <linux-arch@...r.kernel.org>,
	GNU C Library <libc-alpha@...rceware.org>, Yoshinori Sato <ysato@...rs.sourceforge.jp>,
	Peter Zijlstra <peterz@...radead.org>, Marc Zyngier <maz@...nel.org>,
	Masahiro Yamada <masahiroy@...nel.org>,
	ACPI Devel Maling List <linux-acpi@...r.kernel.org>, Jianmin Lv <lvjianmin@...ngson.cn>,
	linux-pci <linux-pci@...r.kernel.org>, Ard Biesheuvel <ardb@...nel.org>,
	Huacai Chen <chenhuacai@...ngson.cn>
Subject: Re: Re: [GIT PULL] asm-generic changes for 5.19

On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 6:01 PM Huacai Chen <chenhuacai@...nel.org> wrote:
> On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 7:15 PM Arnd Bergmann <arnd@...nel.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, May 31, 2022 at 10:17 AM Huacai Chen <chenhuacai@...nel.org> wrote:

> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/chenhuacai/linux-loongson.git/log/?h=loongarch-next
> has been updated. Now this branch droped irqchip drivers and pci
> drivers. But the existing irqchip drivers need some small adjustment
> to avoid build errors [1], and I hope Marc can give an Acked-by.

Ok, glad you got that working.

 What about the ACPI changes? I see that these are needed to get a clean build,
and as I understood it, they are supposed to get merged through the
acpica tree.

> This branch can be built with defconfig and allmodconfig (except
> drivers/platform/surface/aggregator/controller.c, because it requires
> 8bit/16bit cmpxchg, which I was told to remove their support).

Right, that is ok to keep in there, we should fix that by adding a Kconfig
dependency for the driver. It looks like it has a CONFIG_ACPI dependency,
so it is currently limited to x86/arm64/ia64, which all have the short
cmpxchg(),
but in reality this driver can only work on x86 and arm64.

       Arnd