Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 17:15:18 -0700
From: "Gary E. Miller" <gem@...lim.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ✘strerror_r() bug in musl

Yo Wolf!

On Wed, 13 Apr 2022 01:16:34 +0200
Wolf <wolf@...fsden.cz> wrote:

> On 2022-04-12 14:07:24 -0700, Gary E. Miller wrote:
> > If you gonna leave the code as is, then fix the doc.  gpsd has
> > struggled with this bug for years until I tracked it down.
>
> How did you even managed to compile it when the function returned int
> instead of char*? Hard to believe the compiler did not complain...

It compiles fine, and runs fine, until it crashes.  The return value
was never used, so no warning generated.  The three variants
of strerror_r() differ in more than just their return value.

Yes, I know, sloppy, which is why I'm trying to problems like this one.

RGDS
GARY
	gem@...lim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588