Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 18:15:59 +0200
From: Markus Wichmann <nullplan@....net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Problem with strdupa in C++ code

Hi all,

so I tried to find some authority on this, but per the manpage,
strdupa() is a GNU extension. So I looked up the implementation in
glibc, which is near enough the only authority on whether this is
supposed to work in C++, and they do add the casts necessary to make it
work. Although they massively overcomplicate the matter with a statement
expression for God knows what reason.

So I guess we should add the cast, too. I see nothing obviously wrong
with the suggested replacement.

Ciao,
Markus