Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2022 14:07:24 -0700
From: "Gary E. Miller" <gem@...lim.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ✘strerror_r() bug in musl

Yo Alex!

On Tue, 12 Apr 2022 16:56:20 -0400
"Alex Xu (Hello71)" <alex_y_xu@...oo.ca> wrote:

> The issue of GNU-specific strerror_r has been discussed several times
> on the mailing list: https://inbox.vuxu.org/musl/?q=strerror_r. See:
>
> -
> https://inbox.vuxu.org/musl/20130208185918.GJ20323@brightrain.aerifal.cx/
> -
> https://inbox.vuxu.org/musl/20180805010455.GQ1392@brightrain.aerifal.cx/
>
> and other threads.

Since I don't use, or follow, musl, not surprising I did not know that.

But I carefully read the include file, the source code, and the doc.  None
of those provided a clue.

You can't expect casual users to have followined your online chats.

If you gonna leave the code as is, then fix the doc.  gpsd has struggled
with this bug for years until I tracked it down.

RGDS
GARY
	gem@...lim.com  Tel:+1 541 382 8588