Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 08:58:11 -0800
From: Farid Zakaria <fmzakari@...c.edu>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
Subject: Re: Cannot dlopen() an already loaded shared library by its
 SONAME name

FWIW, I think we all agree that the discussion is involving libraries
that have a _soname_ and utilizing that as the cache key mechanism.

The other approach utilizing a symlink directory doesn't work with is
how I am trying to freeze dependencies using
https://github.com/fzakaria/shrinkwrap
The tool basically lifts all NEEDED dependencies from the whole
closure to the top level executable and requires them at absolute path
and does by trying to modify only
the executable ELF file.  Doing a symlink approach is a _lot more_
heavy handed to try and achieve the same effect.