Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2022 00:14:08 -0500
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: d.dorau@....de
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Tracking shared libraries in GDB not working?

On Mon, Dec 20, 2021 at 09:54:40AM +0100, d.dorau@....de wrote:
> Thanks for your thoughts. I used them to search for further information and found
> the missing piece:
>
> https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/yocto/message/48584
>
> I applied that first patch
> https://lists.yoctoproject.org/g/yocto/attachment/48584/0/0007-Teach-dynlink.c-about-DT_MIPS_RLD_MAP_REL.patch
>
> and apparently it seems to solve the issue. :-)
>
> I did a search on this mailing list and couldn't find this patch mentioned here.
> Maybe you can include this patch in a future release if you think the solution is correct.

Thanks! This patch is not correct as-is, because the value of
DT_MIPS_RLD_MAP_REL is only meaningful on mips and could be reused on
other archs. But I've whipped up what I think is a correct version of
it here (attached), using the same approach as used for
DT_MIPS_RLD_MAP already. If you get a chance, please let me know if it
works.

Rich

View attachment "mips_pie_debug.diff" of type "text/plain" (2022 bytes)