Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 14:08:01 +0100
From: Markus Wichmann <nullplan@....net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ASM-to-C conversion for i386

Hi all,

so, I've pushed the string functions as well. Looking at the remaining
assembler files, those all need to be assembler.

Only dlsym could possibly be written in C by making use of a GNU C
feature (__builtin_return_address()), but that has been proposed and
rejected before. All the others require explicit stack control, explicit
instruction control, have non-standard calling conventions, or are doing
something you else you cannot possibly do in C.

So, any comments about the files in my repo before I make patches? And
again, how would you like those patches? I think I will wait until next
year with the patches.

Ciao,
Markus