Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 14:58:28 +0000
From: "(GalaxyMaster)" <galaxy@...nwall.com.au>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: strtoll() incompatibility

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021 at 04:22:22PM +0200, Shiz wrote:
> No need to register, you can view the standard online here:
> https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/

Bookmarked, thanks!

> From https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/strtol.html:
>
> These functions shall fail if:
>
> [EINVAL]
>   [CX] The value of base is not supported.
> [ERANGE]
>   The value to be returned is not representable.
>   These functions may fail if:
>
> [EINVAL]
>   No conversion could be performed.

OK, if I read it correctly, that particular page is a bit confusing.  In
"RETURN VALUE", it says that both conditions for returning EINVAL are optional
extensions to the standard (this denoted by the CX link with arrows around both
sentences mentioning EINVAL, but in "ERRORS" only the base value error is
surrounded by that optional extension arrows. :-/

In any case, this is good enough for me to fix the application rather than
making a patch to musl :).  Thank you for your time and links!

--
(GM)