Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 16:22:22 +0200
From: Shiz <hi@...z.me>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: galaxy@...nwall.com.au
Subject: Re: strtoll() incompatibility

Hi!

> I don't know what the standard prescribes for this family of functions (I just
> registered an account at Open Group to download the standard),

No need to register, you can view the standard online here:
https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/

> but from the
> common sense point of view a string not containing a number for these functions
> is a valid argument, so responding with EINVAL does not seems to be right.

From https://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/functions/strtol.html:

These functions shall fail if:

[EINVAL]
  [CX] The value of base is not supported.
[ERANGE]
  The value to be returned is not representable.
  These functions may fail if:

[EINVAL]
  No conversion could be performed.

> --