Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2021 09:18:18 +0200
From: bluemoon <blaumolch@...lbox.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Compilation error with mesa 21.1.6

Hi,

I’m trying to compile mesa 21.1.6 for i686 (Void Linux i686-musl). When
Gallium Nine is enabled compilation fails. It works on x86_64 but they
branch off on 32-bit systems and use memfd. In that code they use

ulimit(__UL_GETOPENMAX)

which is not available in musl. However, in glibc __UL_GETOPENMAX is
assigned the return value of

sysconf(_SC_OPEN_MAX)

(cf. sysdeps/posix/ulimit.c) which is defined in musl.

So before reporting this issue to the mesa developers, I would like to
ask if replacing the former with the latter is ok or if there is a
caveat I don’t see.

Thank you!