Date: Mon, 10 May 2021 07:50:44 +0200
From: Martin Vajnar <martin.vajnar@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Backwards kernel compatibility

Hello guys,

I'd like to ask, if it is generally supported to run recent musl on older
kernels? My primary concern is that there are new syscalls being added to
linux, while at the same time I do not see a switch similar to glibc's to
select compatibility mode (--enable-kernel). Is there some means which
prevent invocation of unimplemented syscalls on older kernels when using
musl?

Best regards,
Martin Vajnar

Content of type "text/html" skipped