Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2021 14:24:49 +0200
From: Szabolcs Nagy <nsz@...t70.net>
To: ardi <ardillasdelmonte@...il.com>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Linux distribution for using RISC-V musl?

* ardi <ardillasdelmonte@...il.com> [2021-04-10 14:08:31 +0200]:
> Also, I've read that QEMU is able to emulate multicore RISC-V CPUs.
> Does musl support multicore RISC-V in 64bit? I mean, if I configure a
> multicore RISC-V in QEMU and I try to build a parallel loop using
> OpenMP for example, will such loop be parallelized if I'm using musl?

yes.

this has not much to do with the libc though.
openmp uses pthreads, pthreads uses clone and
clone is implemented by the os in some way.
whether things are parallel is not in the hands
of the libc and the logic is not target dependent,
the libc works the same way on x86_64 as on riscv.
there can be target specific synchronization bugs
in the libc, but those are just bugs.