Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2021 11:01:43 +0100
From: Jens Staal <staal1978@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Aalbus linux : a musl/llvm libc++ based distro

On Thu, Jan 07, 2021 at 05:27:35AM +0100, Jens Staal wrote:

> Based on the recent announcements of compiler-rt being fixed for musl I
> think it is relatively timely. At this moment I am using the ngtc
> patches but hope to re-build the toolchain soon with the upstream
> solution.

It has now been rebuilt with upstream so vanilla llvm seems to work now.

> I am also experimenting with building musl libc with kati + samurai
> (Ninja) as an alternative to gmake (default make in Aalbus is bmake).

If anyone is interested, this is the error output I get at the moment
when I try to build musl with ckati instead of gmake:

ld.lld: error: undefined hidden symbol: __dls2
>>> referenced by dlstart.c
>>>               lto.tmp:(_dlstart_c)
>>> did you mean: __dls3
>>> defined in: lto.tmp
clang-12: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
*** [lib/libc.so] Error 1

so something ckati does with the ld.lld linker in the generation of the
build.ninja file is not working for musl. The linker is working and ckati is
working on other projects (including itself)