Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 10:19:22 +0100
From: Florian Weimer <fweimer@...hat.com>
To: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
Cc: Mark Wielaard <mark@...mp.org>,  musl@...ts.openwall.com,  Max Rees
 <maxcrees@...com>,  elfutils-devel@...rceware.org,  Érico
 Rolim
 <erico.erc@...il.com>
Subject: Re: Re: [QUESTION] Which fnmatch() functionality does
 elfutils depend on?

* Rich Felker:

> As I stated in my other reply, I'm opposed to that because it does not
> admit implementation with the same (very desirable) big-O properties,
> and the "extmatch" syntax is not widely known or widely used.

The syntax comes from ksh and is used in shell scripts.  (bash requires
the extglob option to enable it, which makes it easy to search for
instances.)

Thanks,
Florian
--
Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/ , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael O'Neill