Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2020 07:13:31 -0400 (EDT)
From: Arjun Shankar <arjun@...hat.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Florian Weimer <fweimer@...hat.com>, Carlos O'Donell <carlos@...hat.com>
Subject: Plans to remove nscd in Fedora

Hi all,

I am one of the maintainers for glibc in Fedora. We are planning to remove
nscd from Fedora in the near future, targeting the Fedora 34 release [1].

Florian recently pointed out to me that this can impact users of musl-libc
binaries since musl is nscd-aware.

I can see that the Fedora musl-libc package has no "official" dependent
packages (excepting musl-devel) in the Fedora repositories, but I expect
that there might be packages/applications from out of the distribution and
use cases that are affected by or possibly break with the removal of nscd.

I'm writing to get some clarity on this.

Best Regards,
Arjun

[1] WIP: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/RemoveNSCD