Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2020 19:10:00 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: "joao@...rdrivepizza.com" <joao@...rdrivepizza.com>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: -frounding-math breaking src/math/acosf.c

On Sat, Oct 10, 2020 at 12:16:13AM +0200, joao@...rdrivepizza.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just noticed that the upstream LLVM is no longer capable of
> compiling musl 1.2.0 (and possibly more recent versions too) when
> -frounding-math is in use. I bisected the LLVM commit to
> https://reviews.llvm.org/D87822, and pointed the problem there.
>
> Just reporting in case someone else also has issues with this.
>
> Best,
> Joao.

Thanks. This probably needs to be reported as aa bug against LLVM (or
clang?) rather than just a comment on the review so that it's tracked
as such. It seems they've erroneously made it treat static
initializers as non-constant-expressions rather than evaluating them
statically in the default rounding mode per the spec.