Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 09:46:12 -0500
From: Jesse Hathaway <jesse@...ki-mvuki.org>
To: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: Pending patches for MT-fork stuff

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020 at 7:10 PM Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org> wrote:
> Here is the offending code:
>
> https://github.com/golang/go/blob/a413908dd064de6e3ea5b8d95d707a532bd3f4c8/src/runtime/signal_unix.go#L866
>
> It should be calling sigfillset() (from libc) to get the starting
> sigset_t rather than using its own all-one-bits initializer.
>
> There may be other places in the runtime where the same error is made.
> It looks like blockableSig (line 1132) is intended to do something
> here, but has hard-coded (somewhere else) glibc knowledge rather than
> probing via (libc's) sigaddset whether the signal number is valid.
> This might be a preferred point to fix it at.

Thanks Rich for diving in and investigating the problem on the Go runtime
side. I am happy to open a bug report on the Go side, but I have a couple
of questions. Would you instead prefer to open the report, since you have
a much deeper understanding of the problem and what changes need to
be made than I? However, if you would rather I create the report, are you
okay with me quoting your analysis? Thanks, Jesse