Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 12:19:53 -0500
From: Jesse Hathaway <jesse@...ki-mvuki.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Jesse Hathaway <jesse@...ki-mvuki.org>
Subject: Re: Pending patches for MT-fork stuff

I was experiencing a hang when calling setreuid from a thread on musl
1.2.1 as well
as on master with these patches applied. I have attached a Go program
which hangs
when run as the root user outputting only:

    main.go:31: Calling setreuid

Whereas with glibc the setreuid call completes successfully, with the
following output:

    test.go:31: Calling setreuid
    test.go:40: Running command
    test.go:45: root
    test.go:46: Command complete

I am happy to help troubleshoot the issue, yours kindly, Jesse

View attachment "test.go" of type "text/x-go" (1574 bytes)