Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2020 19:26:15 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Pending patches for MT-fork stuff

In investigating the MT-fork deadlock stuff and working on a patch
that makes it attempt to trap rather than deadlocking, I found a
problem with interaction of fork and aio. A fix for that, along with
the patch to trap, and a minimal testcase for the aio bug, are
attached.

There's also a problematic interaction of abort with fork that was
just found in glibc that also exists in musl, that I still need to
fix. I'll follow up later with a proposed solution for that.

Rich

View attachment "0001-fix-fork-of-processes-with-active-async-io-contexts.patch" of type "text/plain" (2877 bytes)

View attachment "0002-add-hidden-declaration-for-internal-__aio_close-func.patch" of type "text/plain" (775 bytes)

View attachment "0003-trap-don-t-deadlock-on-AS-unsafe-operations-after-mu.patch" of type "text/plain" (3120 bytes)

View attachment "aio_fork.c" of type "text/plain" (293 bytes)