Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2020 09:13:16 -0400
From: James Y Knight <jyknight@...gle.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Re: OS detection wrong on Alpine Linux 3.10

> >All I need to know is what version of Musl I am dealing with and I can
> >configure myself.
>
>   Are you willing to maintain an #ifdef forest for all the versions of
> all the libcs and all the kernels your programs may be used with, so
> you can list exhaustively the available features in every configuration?

At the risk of jumping in on a question asked of someone else: yes,
absolutely! (Not _all_ available features of course, just the ones
required.)

There are generally not that many nonstandard features you'd want to use in
a typical program, and using an ifdef forest to implement an abstraction
layer around those couple items is just fine.

Content of type "text/html" skipped