Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2020 08:44:19 +0200
From: Markus Wichmann <nullplan@....net>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Bug in mmap_fixed()

On Fri, Sep 04, 2020 at 11:41:54PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> When I saw your report, I thought this code all ran with signals
> blocked, and actually had to check to see that this isn't the case.

In that case, making an exception for EINTR would be even weirder.

> The code hsould be fixed, and EINTR handling should probably be left
> in-place, just without the wrong pointer-advance logic.

See attached. Untested, obviously, since I lack a Super-H processor and
an NFS server, and even then the test case would be quite fiddly, but I
see nothing obviously wrong with it.

Ciao,
Markus

View attachment "0001-Fix-oversight-in-mmap_fixed.patch" of type "text/x-diff" (1067 bytes)