Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 09:05:28 +0200
From: Pirmin Walthert <pirmin.walthert@...om.ch>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com, Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
Subject: Re: Restrictions on child context after multithreaded fork

Dear Rich,
> I've seen suspicions that the switch to mallocng exposed this, but I'm
> pretty sure it was:
>
> https://git.musl-libc.org/cgit/musl/commit/?id=e01b5939b38aea5ecbe41670643199825874b26c

I needed to patch asterisk because of similar issues (you gave me some
hints on this mailing list after I'd described the issue):

https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-28776

However this happened with a combination of musl 1.2.0, which did not
have the mentioned commit applied, and mallocng (LD_PRELOAD method).
Asterisk with 1.2.0 and old malloc was running just fine.