Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 12:00:12 -0400
From: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
To: Alexander Scherbatiy <alexander.scherbatiy@...l-sw.com>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: getaddrinfo(3) with AI_V4MAPPED and AI_ALL flags

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 06:20:36PM +0300, Alexander Scherbatiy wrote:

>  glibc getaddrinfo(3) function uses /etc/gai.conf file to sort
> addrinfo results.
>  does musl getaddrinfo(3) implementations allows to configure the
> results order?

Presently no, and there doesn't seem to have been a lot of demand for
it, though there was at least one other request. IIRC I asked about
the motivation since normally the default sorting should do the right
thing, and I believe it was for the sake of overriding for some sites
with broken IPv6 connectivity. If you have other use cases in mind it
would be good to mention them to help document that this is a feature
that makes sense to consider adding.