Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2020 04:18:35 -0600
From: Ariadne Conill <ariadne@...eferenced.org>
To: musl <musl@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: perhaps we should add re[c]allocarray?

Hello,

reallocarray and recallocarray are BSD extensions that solve similar issues as
strlcpy/strlcat, but with array reallocations instead of strings.

reallocarray itself is already part of glibc since 2.28.

Unfortunately, while working on new ifupdown implementation for Alpine, I
wanted to use recallocarray because it is very helpful in terms of pushing new
strings to a string array (you will always maintain a NULL-terminated array,
and you don't have to worry about it) -- but I discovered musl still does not
have it.

Anyway, I think it would be useful to include both functions in musl 1.2.1.
If everyone agrees, I'll make a patch.

Ariadne