Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 18:56:28 +0200
From: Brian Peregrine <peregrinebrian@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Advocating musl to in windows subsystem and OS X

Hey all,

after thinking about my previous post (Advocating musl to the chromium
OS developers ), it struck me that both Microsoft and Apple use some
sort of libc too (Microsoft has the "subsystem for linux" on windows
10 now, and Apple's OS X is based on linux too -I think it was based
on the "Darwin" linux distro.

Microsoft probably uses glibc (as the subsystem seems to be
canonical-made and they use glibc in ubuntu), for os x, I'm not sure
what is being used.
See https://itsfoss.com/install-bash-on-windows/
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/microsoft-linux-distros-windows-10/
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=3601092

In either case, Rich, perhaps you can propose to both that they use
musl, and point them to your comparison
(http://www.etalabs.net/compare_libcs.html ) ?
Also, perhaps that comparison can have Bionic added too and compared
to that as well ?

Perhaps it's most appropriate to do this through posting an issue at
their relevant repo's (for MS, it's
https://github.com/microsoft/WSL2-Linux-Kernel/issues , for apple
(https://github.com/apple ), I'm not sure which repo holds the libc.

Brian