Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2020 11:24:04 +0200
From: Norbert Lange <nolange79@...il.com>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Mark stack as non-executable in asm

Hello,

I did borrow some assembler files to avoid having to link against
(any) libc. That was for building a DSO, ultimately loaded via glibc.
The effect was that glibc did change the protection of all stacks to
be executable.

Would you consider adding the line [1]
.section        .note.GNU-stack, "", %progbits
to assembly files?

I know this is not a musl bug, and I can easily add the lines myself.

regards, Norbert

[1] - https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SecurityTeam/Roadmap/ExecutableStacks