Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 19:02:07 -0500
From: Segher Boessenkool <segher@...nel.crashing.org>
To: Daniel Kolesa <daniel@...aforge.org>
Cc: Joseph Myers <joseph@...esourcery.com>, musl@...ts.openwall.com,
        Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>,
        Michal Suchánek <msuchanek@...e.de>,
        libc-alpha@...rceware.org, eery@...erfox.es,
        Will Springer <skirmisher@...tonmail.com>,
        Palmer Dabbelt via binutils <binutils@...rceware.org>,
        via libc-dev <libc-dev@...ts.llvm.org>, linuxppc-dev@...ts.ozlabs.org
Subject: Re: Re: ppc64le and 32-bit LE userland compatibility

Hi!

On Fri, Jun 05, 2020 at 12:26:22AM +0200, Daniel Kolesa wrote:
> Either way I'll think about it some more and possibly prepare an RFC port. I'm definitely willing to put in the work and later maintenance effort if that's what it takes to make it happen.

Yeah, you'll need to convince all parties involved that it will not be
more work to them then they are willing to put in.  Initial development
and ongoing work, as you say.

For GCC it is probably an easy decision (but we'll see your proposed ABI
amendments): it shouldn't be much work at all, and it even benefits us
directly (it'll fill some holes in our testing matrix).

Segher