Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020 11:08:10 -0500
From: "A. Wilcox" <awilfox@...lielinux.org>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [Bug] Do not ignore membarrier return code

On 24/03/2020 09:01, Rich Felker wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 02:53:21PM +0100, Julio Guerra wrote:
>>> But I wanted to give you more details with stack traces of the
>>> segfault by retrying today with gdb but I cannot reproduce it
>>> anymore...!
>>> I'll retry later to see if I see the error again...
>>
>> The node:10.19-alpine image has been updated since yesterday! That may
>> be why I don't have the issue anymore? It updated the latest
>> alpine:3.11 image, so 3.11.5.
>> The changelog talks says "main/musl: backport fixes from 1.2.0":
>> https://www.alpinelinux.org/posts/Alpine-3.11.5-released.html
>
> I'm not aware of any changes that are at all related to your problem.
>
> Rich

My first guess is something to do with the really egregious inspector
signal stack bug.  Our patch for Node 10.x is at:

https://code.foxkit.us/adelie/packages/blob/master/user/node/stack-silliness.patch

Alpine doesn't patch it for Node 12 because Node 12 has this code to
purportedly "handle musl":

https://github.com/nodejs/node/blob/master/src/inspector_agent.cc#L112

But I still feel like it may be wrong.

Best,
--arw

--
A. Wilcox (awilfox)
Project Lead, Adélie Linux

Download attachment "signature.asc" of type "application/pgp-signature" (834 bytes)