Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2020 11:42:30 +0000
From: Mark Corbin <mark@...sco.co.uk>
To: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: REG_SP Definition for RISC-V

Hello

I'm trying to fix a build issue with libsigsegv [1] for RISC-V when compiling
against musl 1.1.24 (under Buildroot).

The build fails because the array index 'REG_SP' (for indexing into
uc_mcontext.__gregs[]) is not defined in arch/riscv64/bits/signal.h. This
constant is defined by glibc in sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/riscv/sys/ucontext.h

I was wondering whether the appropriate fix is just to add '#define REG_SP 2' to
the top of arch/riscv64/bits/signal.h ? (Note that there is a REG_SP definition
in arch/riscv64/bits/reg.h which isn't being included).

Alternatively I could submit a patch to libsigsegv to modify the index into
the '__gregs' array to be '2' rather than 'REG_SP', however there could be
other glibc compatible RISC-V packages that make use of the 'REG_SP'
definition.

I'm happy to generate and submit any patches as appropriate.

Thanks

Mark Corbin

[1] http://savannah.gnu.org/projects/libsigsegv/