Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2019 18:37:01 +0800
From: Youren Shen <shenyouren@...il.com>
To: Rich Felker <dalias@...c.org>
Cc: musl@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: [BUG] Force to use a dynamic linker in musl-clang wapper
 cause a crash for static-pie c++ programs.

Thanks for your reply.

Dived deeper, I think this is because the options clang/gcc passed to ld
are not well handled by ld. Unlike "-static", which is passed directly to
the linker, the clang pass -no-dynamic-linker when static-pie is enabled.
However, -dynamic-linker=<file> in ld.musl-clang wrapper conflict with this
-no-dynamic-linker. As a result, ld accepts the last one it received, which
is "-dynamic-linker=<file>" in this case. Here is the problem: even we
passed static-pie to clang, and then the clang pass -no-dynamic-linker to
ld, This option is still omitted by ld.musl-clang. I suggest a fix on it:
move -dynamic-linker "$ldso" before the previous user inputs.
Before:
```
exec $($cc -print-prog-name=ld) -nostdlib "$@" -lc -dynamic-linker "$ldso"
```
After:
```
 exec $($cc -print-prog-name=ld) -nostdlib -dynamic-linker "$ldso" "$@" -lc
```
As you can see, this is a quite simple patch. Further testes may required.
And for musl-gcc, as I test, it seems that it has the same problem. But I'm
not familiar with gcc specs file. So maybe if anyone encounter the same
problem, they can refer this email and give a solution.

--
Best Regards.
Youren Shen.

Content of type "text/html" skipped

Download attachment "static-pie-for-ld.musl-clang.patch" of type "application/octet-stream" (346 bytes)